The publishing house Versita is currently seeking Associate Editors for the pioneer Open Access academic book publishing program in Theology and Religious Studies.
Ideal candidate profile:
- degree: Ph.D
- experience: research connected with Theology or Religious studies (Sociology or Religion, Psychology of Religion, Church history, Oriental studies etc.)
- publishing experience, preferably in editorial acquisition, would be an asset
- current status: recognized as an expert in his/her field
- good and numerous relationships in the scientific community in relevant field
- languages: native or fluent English, other languages would be an asset
- skills: computer and internet proficiency
- personality: strong communication skills, good negotiator
- requirements: home computer and internet connection
As to the role of Associate Editor, we would expect you to:
- research and identify book topics with strong sales potential and recruit experienced and competent authors
- recognize potential new authors and cultivate working relationships with them
- obtain proposals from potential authors, determine the quality of the proposals
- find and liaise with reviewers; present the proposals to Versita,
- assist Versita in evaluating book proposals and manuscripts,
- review the final manuscript; seek assistance from reviewers, if needed.
The job of Associate Editor is part-time and may be easily combined with other duties.
Compensation for Associate Editors will be based on the number of books published.
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their CV and list of publications to Dr. Katarzyna Tempczyk: email@example.com